42 Charles Street, Dorchester, MA
4640 Washington Street, Roslindale, MA
Currently no open positions.
70 Everett Avenue, Suite 504, Chelsea, MA
95 Berkeley St., Suite 306, Boston, MA
11 Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Roxbury, MA
38 Horadan Way, Roxbury, MA
243 Harvard Street, Cambridge, MA
33 Bickford Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
- Education Director (Full Time , 37.5 hours)
- Infant/Toddler Teachers Needed (Full Time , 40 hours)
- Preschool Teachers Needed (Full Time , 40 hours)
- Lead Infant/Toddler Teachers Needed (Full Time , 40 hours)
- Lead Preschool Teachers Needed (Full Time , 40 hours)
- Receptionist (Full Time , 37.5 hours)
- Family Engagement Specialist (Full Time , 37.5 hours)
- Maintenance Assistant (Full Time , 40 hours)
- Director of Administration (Full Time , 37.5 hours)
43 Essex Street, Cambridge, MA
Lead Preschool Teachers Needed
The Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for establishing a developmentally appropriate classroom following guidelines established by Accreditation Standards. The Preschool Lead Teacher will provide daily professional direction and the opportunity for professional growth to the Preschool Teaching Assistant and/or Teacher. The Preschool Lead Teacher will receive professional direction and work in harmony with the Program Director and other AECE program staff. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, he/she must be flexible and cooperate in coordinating a variety of support services in the classroom to children and to families according to need. The Preschool Lead Teacher must communicate with parents concerning the developmental process and needs of the child and be flexible in understanding the needs of a child-care program and its services intent for families.
1. Ensure the health and safety of all children in the classroom at all times.
2. Provide a developmentally appropriate classroom, including but not limited to:
a. Design, set and maintain an effective learning environment.
b. Maintain classroom for appropriate program implementation to include cleanliness and attractiveness of furniture and contents, monitoring need and quantity of equipment and supplies, keeping materials and equipment in good order and repair.
3. Provide an individualized curriculum for each child ensuring a balanced day, including but not limited to:
a. Develop weekly plans/curriculum in all areas of growth and development including socio-emotional, language, fine and gross motor and language.
b. Assess and record each child’s current development and records developmental changes, interests, etc. through the use of anecdotal records, assessment tools for the purpose of planning curriculum and sharing with parents.
c. Keep appropriate attendance records and bring continued absences to the attention of the Program Director and/or social worker.
4. Train and supervise Preschool Teaching Assistant and/or Teacher.
5. Continue educational and professional growth through courses, workshops, conferences, in-service training, meetings, etc.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions:
• DEEC LT certification and at least 2yrs of relevant experience.
• Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education required. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Full Time, 40 hours
Learning Center at Bromley Heath
33 Bickford Street, Jamaica Plain