Sunnyside was founded in 1882 and recently moved to become the child care component of Project Family Independence in Roxbury. PFI is a collaborative housing project designed to provide permanent, low-income housing for single parents. Sunnyside provides care for 69 infants, toddlers, and preschoolers from Boston as well as PFI families. The program is being viewed as a model program with potential for replication elsewhere. Sunnyside was accredited by NAEYC in 1997, 2000 and 2003.
• I-93 to Massachusetts Avenue Exit (Exit 18) (south of Downtown Tunnel)
• Stay in left lane, going through two traffic lights
• Bear Left onto Mass Ave. Exit
• Cross Mass Avenue and street becomes Melnea Cass Boulevard
• Follow Melnea Cass to 3rd light
• Turn left on Harrison Avenue
• Follow Harrison to 2nd light
• Turn left on Dudley Street
• Follow Dudley to 2nd light
• Turn right immediately on Forest Street (before playground)
• Follow Forest Stree to the end
• Center is grey/white building straight ahead
Parking lot available on property and on Mt. Pleasant Avenue.
• Orange Line to Ruggles stop
• #15 or #45 bus
• Get off at corner of Mt. Pleasant St. (on right) and Dudley St. (bus route)
• (Dearborn Liquors across Dudley Street)
• Walk up Mt. Pleasant (away from Dudley)
• Center is on right
Open 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
11 Mt. Pleasant Avenue
Roxbury, MA, 02119